This issue of The Lutheran Witness explores a variety of Lenten themes, from Christ’s own forty days in the desert to the role a Lutheran understanding of vocation helps us understand God’s gifts even in times of spiritual drought.
- From the President: St. Patrick… Ablaze!
- From the Editor: To the Reader
- Days in the Desert — Charles T. Knippel
- Almsgiving: A Lenten Tradition — Tom Ries
- Devotions for Life: Pass the Bread, Please — Tim Wesemann
- Loving the Abused — Diane Stelling
- A Gift for Troubles Times — Uwe Siemon-Netto
- Family Counselor
- Q & A
- Shedding Some Light
- Searching Scripture
- National News