Some days, it seems, our 24/7 news cycle brings us little but glum news. Fuel is at an all-time high. The stock market is in the doldrums (or worse). When will the housing market recover? For Christians, each day also seems to bring a new challenge to our faith. Among those challenges: differing assertions about the structure of marriage.
Yet regardless of the rules fallen human beings may seek to impose on marriage, Dr. Christopher Mitchell, in this month’s cover story, reminds us that God’s holy desire for marriage remains unaltered: one man, one woman, for life. Not one man, multiple women. Not two men, nor two women. One man, one woman—for life.
- From the President: Fan into Flame
- From the Editor: To the Reader
- God’s Design for Marriage — Christopher Mitchell
- Music to the Ears: Inspiring Children to Enrich Worship — Kim Plummer Krull
- The LCMS Foundation — Roland Lovstad
- The Gospel on Their Shoulders — Diane Strzelecki
- Q & A
- Family Counselor
- Shedding Some Light
- Searching Scripture